Event Management Internship
The Mansfield/Richland County Convention & Visitors Bureau is an independent, not-for-profit organization created to promote travel and tourism to the area. The Bureau is committed to promoting the area’s facilities, attractions and events as a destination for visitors, resulting in increased business activity and the improved quality of life for Richland County.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a fun and fast paced Convention & Visitors Bureau learning many facets of the tourism industry. If you enjoy live racing or just want to explore special events, this could be the spot for you. Intern will assist in such projects, but not limited to:
- Learn different areas of the tourism industry and the logistics of event planning
- Assist with the planning, preparation and participation of special events
- Update and maintain websites and databases
- Assist with collateral materials, staffing, training and other tasks
- Re-stock info booth for events (some lifting required)
- Take photos during a race and special events as needed with a simple digital camera
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Preferred area of study: Marketing, Sports/Event Management, Tourism, Travel, or Hospitality
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with the Mansfield area (but others are still encouraged to apply and learn the area)
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access a plus)
Internships Available: One or more Internships available between April and September.
Number of Weeks: Flexible (based on school schedule/projects or school requirements).
Hours: Prefer 10-15 hours/week (flexible hours and days).
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Mail to: Mansfield/Richland County CVB
ATTN: Amber Dobbins
124 North Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone: 419-525-1300 x.27