The Mansfield/Richland County Convention & Visitors Bureau is an independent, not-for-profit organization created to promote travel and tourism to the area. The Bureau is committed to promoting the area’s facilities, attractions and events as a destination for visitors, resulting in increased business activity and the improved quality of life for Richland County.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a fun and fast paced Convention & Visitor’s Bureau learning many facets of the tourism industry. Intern will assist in such projects, but not limited to:
- Assist with writing, proofing and editing of publications and business/marketing materials
- Write articles for the Bureau’s e-newsletters (various demographics)
- Write for and manage the Bureau’s online blog
- Create press releases
- Conduct interviews (when needed) and research
- Manage the Front Desk (learn the traveler/consumer while developing communication skills)
- Update and maintain our websites and databases
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Major in Journalism, Creative Writing, or other applicable courses of study or experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
Internships Available: One or more Internships available any time throughout the year.
Number of Weeks: Flexible (based on school schedule/projects or school requirements).
Hours: Prefer a minimum of 10 hours per week (flexible hours and days).
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Mail to: Mansfield & Richland County CVB
ATTN: Amber Dobbins
124 North Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone: 419-525-1300 x.27
or E-mail: adobbins@MansfieldTourism.com