Marketing & PR Internship
The Mansfield/Richland County Convention & Visitors Bureau is an independent, not-for-profit organization created to promote travel and tourism to the area. The Bureau is committed to promoting the area’s facilities, attractions and events as a destination for visitors, resulting in increased business activity and the improved quality of life for Richland County.
The candidate will have the chance to work in a fun and fast paced Convention & Visitor’s Bureau learning many facets of the tourism industry. Intern will assist in such projects, but not limited to:
- Learn different areas of the tourism industry (front desk, marketing, and member services)
- Assist with the planning, preparation and participation of special events and projects
- Fulfill information requests and assist visitors with information needs
- Update and maintain websites and databases
- Assist in the development of online FaceBook campaigns
- Manage the Bureau’s e-newsletters (various demographics) and online blog
- Conduct light research and PR analysis
- Create press releases
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Major in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Tourism, Travel, or Hospitality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Team player, resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
Internships Available: One or more Internships available any time throughout the year.
Number of Weeks: Flexible (based on school schedule/projects or school requirements).
Hours: Prefer a minimum of 10 hours per week (flexible hours and days).
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Mail to: Mansfield & Richland County CVB
ATTN: Amber Dobbins
124 North Main Street
Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone: 419-525-1300 x.27
or Email: adobbins@MansfieldTourism.com