Our Annual Report
On behalf of the Mansfield/Richland County Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors and staff, I am pleased to introduce the Bureau's 2015 Annual Report.
As an award-winning economic development organization, the Bureau takes great pride in adding new money to our local economy through the dollars visitors spend in our area. But the Bureau and its staff also raise the positive profile our greater community around Ohio, the US and beyond. Finally, we all enjoy enhanced community pride and quality of life as a result of our region’s strong tourism product.
2015 was one of the best years for tourism and the Bureau!
- Producing a comprehensive two-year strategic plan with community leaders’ input
- Helping establish the inaugural Shawshank Hustle, bringing 4,500 new visitors
- Gathering the partners leading to the creation of the new Wine & Ale Trail
- Investing in The Brickyard stage project
- Confirming our Shawshank legacy with a once-in-a-lifetime $859,058,239 in PR value, thanks in large part to real-life OSR escapee, Frank Freshwaters
- Conducting our largest visitor research project
- Reprinting the Shawshank Trail and Wine & Ale Trail brochures due to increase demand.
Community input and new research tell us how tourism’s impact enhances overall marketing and quality of life for a community. The Bureau is embracing even greater responsibility as it takes on a more involved role in our economic development. A natural result of which will be increasing the current level of collaboration between our economic development partners in order to help drive the county forward.
With the help of the board, community leaders, economic development partners and our members, the future of tourism in Richland County is always bright. Thank you for support this past year. Here’s to a successful 2016!