About the Trail
A Drive-It-Yourself Tour of Hollywood movie sites!
See where this classic movie was filmed at your own pace!
Explore 14 sites where the movie was filmed! Start where you want, end where you want. It's up to you.
Put yourself in the same locations as Andy, Red and Warden Norton.
Hear the behind the scenes stories at the Ohio State Reformatory and Malabar Farm State Park!
Navigate your way around Mansfield, Ashland and Upper Sandusky visiting the same sites as Hollywood once did.
Know Before You Go:
- Travel the Shawshank Trail at your own pace in your car.
- This web site is for the fans of The Shawshank Redemption movie.
- This is not a walking tour. Some locations are 1 hour from each other.
- We encourage you to use this site to visit all 14 locations along the Trail to enhance your visit.
- Visit attractions, restaurants, shops, recreational, entertainment venues and lodging facilities along the Trail and other points of interest nearby the Trail. Just look for the links provided under each site.
- We are mobile friendly! http://mobile.shawshanktrail.com/
- Like us on Facebook- "The Shawshank Trail."
- Share your Shawshank photos with us! Click on the Submit Photo icon and we may post it on this web site.
- For a more nostalgic drive between Mansfield and Upper Sandusky, take the Historic Lincoln Highway. Look for the Lincoln Highway icons on the map. Also, look for markers along the road.